Ok, it's time to come clean. I'm just one guy. I mean, I have some limited support from one or two people now and again, but Rhinocorn Consulting, and The Rundown is just one guy. Me. Ben Bisbee.
I'm telling you this, because I thought it was smart or savvy to write this thing like it could be anyone from #TeamRhinocorn - but if you know me personally, you can clearly, amusingly read my voice in these posts. And if you don't know me, you probably don't care anyway.
But why am I really telling you this? Because I really do read 20-40 articles a week and look for the best ones to share. This on top of client work and my own writing and running a business and trying to make magic happen in all aspect of my life. And you deserve to know this - not just so I can own any glory (or spelling errors) but to prove I'm the real deal: I'm a nerdy, hard-working, educationally-driven and amusingly mouthy guy who wants people to be smarter and better informed so we can all grow together. It's why I started Rhinocorn. Its why I write The Rundown. And its what makes me, me.
Ugh, ok. Now you know. Stop looking at me. The light is so bright! Go away... go read some of the stuff I found this week It's good stuff. I approve.
- I literally live for articles like this - smart, visually driven, and detailed rundowns of how someone is excelling in their approach.
- Joe Waters from Selfish Giving breaks down a nonprofit's website who is nailing the corporate outreach angle on their website.
- Plan to take lots of notes and then put your webmaster on speed dial.
- 5 MIN READ
- This article will make you smile, frown, laugh, cry and clutch your pearls because he's telling the honest story of our lives in the nonprofit development sector.
- The wise Armando Zumaya smartly breaks down why we keep failing and flailing in our aim to simplify (aka: under-think) the development needs of our organizations - and he nails every. single. one.
- 3 MIN READ
- Ok, before you click the link, go grab some coffee or tea, stretch a little, maybe walk around the building and then settle in, you're going to be here a while, but it's worth it.
- Its not that the article is so long - it's that it's smart. Really smart. And in that intelligence lies the truth behind a lie we tell ourselves all the time - donors are like customers! And thank god for Zach Shefska at the Fundraising Report Card for telling the truth.
- SO smart actually, your brain will hurt a little in realizing you've been living with that lie and now you need to think and probably talk differently about donors. And trust me, that's a good thing.
- 4 MIN READ
"Honesty is the fastest way to prevent a mistake from turning into a failure."
James Altucher - American hedge fund manager, entrepreneur, bestselling author, venture capitalist and podcaster. He's founded or cofounded more than 20 companies and says he failed at 17 of them.