In just seven days, Team Rhinocorn has seen buckets of rain, inches of snow, 75 degree weather, and a wealth of sunshine -- all without traveling anywhere. Its enough to make you crazy ...if you're not already.
Our point? This week's Rundown seems to match this past week - it's covering a lot of ground and is going to help you prepare for just about anything thrown at you. Recaps, productivity tips, creating campaign fundraising themes, and the final blog with Ben & Kathy's VolunteerMatch series are just a few of the topics you'll hopefully appreciate.
And tucked in the all the goodness is a little plug for our own Ben who recently joined a certain national professional association as a member of their faculty. Pretty cool stuff all the way around this week.
- Who doesn't love a good infographic? The folks over at Entrepreneur have put together a quick one on a few thoughtful and unconventional ways to stay productive at work when you're burning the candle at both ends.
- We loved tips 5, 6 and 9 especially because we use them ourselves. Yes, bulletproof your coffee. It's life changing.
- 2 MIN READ
- Win-Win. This article is supposed to be about online tool and app intregreation at your nonprofit--and it is--but moreover it's also highlighting 4 really important areas of your organization where focus always needs refinement.
- The npENGAGE folks are featuring a smart article from Kristine Colosimo that really helps cover a wealth of ground around mission, reporting, ROI and fundraising that's brief and smart.
- 3 MIN READ
- We were there too! The NonProfitPRO team is featuring a piece by Julia Campbell about her experience at the NTEN 2017 Nonprofit National Technology Conference in Washington DC last month.
- Ben from Team Rhinocorn was in attendance too, and agrees with Julia's quick and positive assessment of the conference as a first-timer - its well run, delivered and attended by some insanely smart and passionate tech-driven professionals.
- Geek Out! In fact Ben was so taken by the NTEN team, he recently applied and was then asked to join NTEN as a faculty member for their Nonprofit Technology Professional Certificate program - he'll be teaching two courses this spring and fall!
- 2 MIN READ
- Case studies! Our friends over at Classy have put together a case study-driven look at how to create and theme a fundraising campaign.
- As always, Classy breaks it down in the applicable and then drives it home with real-world examples and success stories you can actually learn from and emulate without copying.
- Team Rhinocorn is always coaching about and designing fundraising theme concepts for clients - the Classy team is right on the money.
- 4 MIN READ w/o links
- This is the end. Part three--and the glorious end--of Ben and his amazing writing partner, Kathy Wisniewski's 3-part blog series with VolunteerMatch on their philosophy of progressive new ways to design and direct your volunteer program.
- Part three is about the classic 3 R's of the industry and how talent + time tracking makes this part of the work a snap.
- Loved this series? Please share it! Ben & Kathy are so proud of this series and it's progressive theory for the industry. Thank you for reading.
- 5 MIN READ
"I have seen many storms in my life. Most storms have caught me by surprise, so I had to learn very quickly to look further and understand that I am not capable of controlling the weather, to exercise the art of patience and to respect the fury of nature."
Paulo Coelho de Souza - Brazilian award winning lyricist and novelist