Ben's Keystone Portfolio
I have a dynamic 20 year professional history of working for some of the best known local and national organizations, often to help them build new or remodel existing programs to great success. I have built still-thriving organizations and have been hired to help dissolve established organizations facing fiscal distress. I have been contracted to solve problems, create national fundraising platforms and mentor leaders through new challenges. Below is a brief list of accomplishments and please click here for my LinkedIn profile.
NTEN: The Nonprofit Technology Network is the membership organization of nonprofit technology professionals whose members share the common goal of helping nonprofits use all aspects of technology more effectively. The team a NTEN aspires to a world where all nonprofit organizations use technology skillfully and confidently to meet community needs and fulfill their missions and believe that technology allows nonprofits to work with greater social impact.
A program of Share Our Strength, No Kid Hungry works to end child hunger in America by connecting kids to effective nutrition programs like school breakfast and summer meals. This work is accomplished through the efforts of engaging and empowering private citizens, government officials, business leaders, and others providing innovative hunger solutions in their communities. These partners work together, implementing solutions that break down the barriers that keep kids from healthy food.
- Contracted to help support their corporate engagement and outreach models helping to influence fundraising and partnerships
- Designed 15 new national corporate engagement, education and volunteerism models focused on their mission and model - including a new fully engaging game model (The Game of Breakfast) to aid in educating players about how the real work gets accomplished at No Kid Hungry
- Designed an entire suite of internal and external engagement materials to support all levels of national programming
IMPACT 2030 is the only business led effort designed to marshal the power of human capital investments to address the Global Goals - and the first time that companies will unite their corporate volunteering efforts to address the UN Development Agenda through collaboration. The IMPACT 2030 coalition convenes leaders from corporations, the United Nations, civil society, academia, and philanthropic organizations from around the world.
- Founding board member
- I built the organization's international volunteer program model and tools, and currently function as the pro-bono interim volunteer director
- I built the organization's Operational Team model, allowing volunteers to join groups to help aid a variety of operational, communications, management and support efforts
- Organizational design expert and operational team lead to Executive Director.
Realized Worth is a global consulting firm among a small industry of CSR consultancies, with a niche focus on engaging employees in corporate volunteering and giving programs, which includes designing and fully implementing program strategies. Fundamentally, our goal is to equip companies to develop their employees into leaders – leaders whose decision-making is influenced by their exposure to social issues and societal needs.
- Frequent writer and contributor for their blog
- Contracted to help design their new internal and external client-operations model
- Designed and established their first matrix measurement model for clients.
I was the Red Cross' national subject matter expert for corporate engagement, corporate social responsibility, workplace giving, United Way, the Combined Federal Campaign and employee-activated philanthropic strategic partnerships. I helped to support the organization raise over $100M annually in Federated and WPG revenue and bring in thousands of corporate volunteers for our community and disaster programs annually.
I developed the architecture, management, and offered the American strategy for corporate employee programming as it relates to the Red Cross' corporate partners and their employees.
- Designed and implemented the organization's first-ever nationwide corporate engagement & CSR program across 450 chapters
- Custom designed and trained hundreds of staff on 9 mission-centric engagement program models for nationwide use with public and corporate partners
- Designed and implemented 4 seasonal workplace giving and fundraising programs nationwide yielding in millions of donated and matching dollars.
AmeriCorps engages more than 75,000 Americans in intensive service each year at nonprofits, schools, public agencies, and community and faith-based groups across the country.
- Wrote, staffed, funded and was awarded four AmeriCorps programs for four different nonprofit organizations over seven years
- Raised over $1M in individual, foundation and corporate support in total to support community programs through AmeriCorps.
Stan Hywet is Akron’s first and largest National Historic Landmark, and is also the nation’s 6th largest historic home open to the public. It is an accredited museum of the American Alliance of Museums, one of only 26 in Ohio and one of only 776 in all of the United States. The organization began in 1957 with a few dedicated civic leaders and now boasts more than 450 traditional volunteers and hundreds of event volunteers that help keep Stan Hywet operating and thriving.
- Designed and implemented the organization's first comprehensive volunteer recruitment, application, orientation and training program
- Established the organization's first corporate engagement volunteer program, allowing for hundreds of local corporate volunteers to learn about and volunteer for Stan Hywet with special programming
- Established the organization's first formal summer intern and at-risk summer youth employment programs.